Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Bio

I just finished writing a friend's professional bio. These are hard things to do. I don't think it's a small coincidence that bio closely resembles b.o. except that there's a great big fat I in the middle. See what I mean?

Anyway, it got me to thinking what I would include in my own bio. And so I submit:

THINGS TO INCLUDE IN MY UNOFFICIAL BIO a list by Shiny Penny

-- Awesome.

-- Humble.

-- Multi-talented.

-- Multi-lingual.

-- Multi-tasker.

-- Task master.

-- Master of the written word.

-- Owed dues from Stephen Colbert for use of "You're welcome" in book promo campaign.

-- Stephen Colbert's hero.

-- Not fond of hero sandwiches.

-- Very tall.

-- Very super.

-- Not a party pooper.

-- In awe of the Japanese.

-- Descendant of Bruce Lee. Not directly, but spiritually.


I could go on forever. That's the funny thing about bios -- they're so self-congratulatory and usually so full of shit. Except for mine of course. I encourage you to write your own bio or at least a list of things to include in your bio when you ask someone else to write it for you.

References available upon request.

1 comment: