Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Bright Eyes

So yeah, I went to see Bright Eyes at Radio City on Monday. Apparently a lot of folks really hate this guy. Well, too bad for you haters, because the show was loud and good. You can't really deny any show when there is a lot of horn involved. There was horn o'plenty which equals awesome in my book. (That was really a great Thanksgiving joke. I hope you appreciate it so much.)

Sure there was some weirdness and I'll be the first to admit it. Sitting down for an entire concert that is not in fact classical or jazz is weird. And civilized. And yes, weird.

Also weird was the family of of four sitting in front of me. Mom, Dad, brother, sister. The sister looked booooored; the brother took a lot of video; Dad may have been high; Mom jammed on it. Family outings to rock concerts are weird. Sorry if you have a family and go to concerts together. Just know most people think you are weird.

I'm really not going to go into the details of how surprising this Bright Eyes show was. I was expecting something depressing and quiet. Just goes to show that even I can be surprised. And that is surprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment