Sunday, August 06, 2006

Wow, you just stood me up.

A North Wind blew in this weekend, in case you hadn't noticed the marked change in temperature. This North Wind, of which I speak, brought much relief. You could see it on folks' faces yesterday. They were happy, smiling even, frolicking here and there, skipping, laughing, holding hands. A general sense of merriment.

And yet, this particular pleasing North Wind is quite the Janus. While ushering in cool breezes, it can also result in what is commonly called in dating circles "cold shoulder," "blown off," "stood up" and other such fun phrases. And so I was. Unceremoniously blown off by this cruel and yet pleasing North Wind, just in human form. I know -- it's almost impossible to believe that Shiny Penny could be ignored. (See A Tribute to World Domination.) Shit happens.

Let's just say I was a bit peeved yesterday but today is a new day and I got a kick-ass letter from my trusty friend Sam and my laundry is in the dryer and I think I was spared by Mercury and the North Wind.

Thanks! I really mean that. It's heartfelt. From me to you, a big kiss.

1 comment:

  1. I don't wish him well. What a fool, this chilly, sad .... lame ... eh, onward to better opportunities.

    ReplyDelete