Sunday, July 23, 2006

Extraordinary Machine

Today was totally above board. Not only did I do my good deed for 2006, but I was rewarded handsomely for it. Keep in mind that this good deed required me to commandeer a machine, and I commandeered like a total fucking pro, save for almost hitting that biker but I didn't see him so it doesn't count, nor does the pigeon who I narrowly missed.

So I performed my good deed totally unselfishly and as a result gained entrance into a before-now elusive gastropub. I know that's an anachronism. This particular pub of sorts has always been so goddamned packed that it's tried my patience in one too many ways. People are crawling all over this city like roaches and I hate roaches.

Anyway, it was off-peak so we infiltrated like two badasses, that being me and my right-hand wing who shall remain nameless because that's the way the wing flows. It was an awesome experience, complete with cheese and beer -- my two favorite combinations in the known universe. We took a long constitution afterwards because it was so beautiful out, and we were just feeling so awesome that we had to spread it around. Not to make you jealous or anything, but I capped off the evening outdoors with dinner with some friends.

Yeah, I guess I'd be jealous if I was you. It's hard work being both extraordinary and a machine. Hard work for you maybe. It's chocolate cake for this shiny penny.

1 comment:

  1. did someboday say chocolate?!

    you are the awesomest. wanna edit that?! oh yeah? hee hee, you rock!

    ReplyDelete