Friday, July 21, 2006

Lights out, Queens!

I thought something should be said about Brownout 2006 in Queens. For you out-of-towners, no, this does not relate in any fashion to the little girl club affectionately known as Brownies, nor The Girl Scouts of America.

For several days now it's been lights out in certain neighborhoods in Queens. Normally I wouldn't pay much mind to the unfortunate circumstances of others. I'm like that. It's a gift to be able to close my mind to misery. Yet in this case I happen to know some of the afflicted and the Brownout 2006 in Queens has affected me personally so I'm riled up enough to take matters into my own capable, but small, hands.

Con Ed, get on it.

That felt really good. So good, I'll say it again.

Con Ed, get on it.

If there is truth in advertising, then I firmly believe that Con Ed will get on it, if in fact they are not ON IT already. (For the ad-averse, Con Ed's new tagline is ON IT.)

True enough there are larger problems in the world that Con Ed's resources may better be applied to but I was unceremoniously cut off from a very important phone call last night and that is just unacceptable, Mr. Con and Mr. Ed. So summon your minions, Con Ed. Send those hard hats out to Queens because those people need some power.

Seeing as I'm always ON IT, this shouldn't be too much to ask.

I'm out.

1 comment: