Saturday, June 10, 2006

String Theory


I know a seamstress, the old-fashioned kind. She can sew anything. She's made bikinis for models. That's how good she is. I was with her one day in her basement as she was fixing a button for me. I noticed a string on her sleeve so I pulled it off to throw the offending string out. She immediately scolded me. That string was there on purpose. She put it there. It's bad luck to throw away such loose ends because you never know when you'll need that little bit of string. I guess that makes a lot of sense if you're a seamstress or say, MacGyver.

So anyway, I've been taking stock of things, inventory if you will, and observing the myriad loose ends about me.

Yeah, so that's it. I don't have any BIG IDEAS for you to steal. You should be ashamed of yourself that that idea even crossed your mind. Really. This isn't that kind of place.

For the record, I do not understand string theory. I googled it and read about four sentences before my head started to throb. I do like strings though. And theories are pretty neat too. And I think that ball of string up there looks pretty fun. Maybe I'll pick up my own ball of string at the local hardware store -- just for kicks. Sounds like a pretty awesome Saturday afternoon activity if you ask me.

1 comment:

  1. I think that is a very attractive ball of string. Makes me wanna knit. So now I can never throw out a looe end again?? oi!

    ReplyDelete