Thursday, June 29, 2006

Don't be such a hater

I was reading some blogs the other day, one on technology, another on media, one on copywriting, yet another on the female perspective on dating. All this reading and blog spying made me think about the big questions in life. For example, why do people blog? What is it that makes these bloggers think they have something interesting, pressing, vital to add to the grander conversation? Yeah, that's a pretty heavy question. And so, I thought about this and I thought to myself "Who cares? I'm going to blog about the really big issues that everyone can relate to."

The Big Cheese.

American, Cheddar. Gouda. Mozzarella. Drunken Goat. Brie. Manchego. Blue. Asiago. Parmesan. These are just some of the many tasty forms of cheese that inhabit my refrigerator at any one time. I love cheese and I'm not ashamed to admit it. It is delicious and nutritious and just plain awesome. Cheese can change the world and in fact it has. I'm not going to tell you how -- you're just going to have to trust me.

But as of late it was pointed out to me that I consume far too much cheese for any one person. Putting aside the fact that this observation was really annoying, I just don't believe it. How can there ever be too much cheese? I wish everyone was lactose intolerant because that would leave more cheese for me.

Maybe you're not so into the cheese -- that situation really sucks for you. Perhaps you like your cheese in small doses or you haven't experienced the unadulterated joy of cheese as a main course. How sad for you. I really mean that. I'm welling up at the very thought.

That's really all I had to say on the subject of cheese. I like it quite a bit and if you don't then we can't keep up these appearances any longer. Maybe if you opened your mind a little then you wouldn't be such a hater.

1 comment: