Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I am excited by technology.

It's true even though in argument I will vehemently deny the above. I am excited by the idea of being connected to other people at any time I want. I am also scared out of my mind by that notion. Although I don't own a Blackberry, I can see its potential for good.

I'm not much interested in technology for good today. Today I'm interested in technology for world domination. My domination of the world which is you.

When are one of these fancy scientists going to come up with mindreading software? Because I'm totally down with that.

Think of all the miscommunication and passive-aggressiveness and crossed signals that we could avoid if I had the power to read your mind with the push of a button?

Yes, sorry, this is totally one way. I will read your mind; you will read the newspaper.

Do you see the potential?

Because at the end of the day, I can't read your mind and whatever you think you're putting down, chances are I'm picking up something entirely different. Because I'm like that.

I am excited by the promise of this technology. Imagine what I could do with it right now. I could read your mind at this very moment and figure out why you are unceremoniously ignoring me.

That would be sweet. You'd still be rude.

P.S. So if anyone knows of any mad scientists looking to develop some mindreading software and bent on my own personal world domination, give me a jingle.

P.P.S. Yes, I do write in riddles. No, you are not the "you" aforementioned. I know who "you" are, even if "you" don't.

1 comment:

  1. 'They' say that more often than not we know the answers to the questions we seek, yet we like to mind-fuck ourselves (I don't think 'they' put it that way, but I am) until the answer is looking us unavoidably in the face, and even then we sometimes make the choice to ignore it. But a confirmation is always a brilliant thing.

    ReplyDelete