Friday, March 30, 2007

Polaroids


A friend of mine has a Polaroid camera. It's new. It's also monstrously large. Do you remember the Polaroid being that unwieldy? I laugh every time she whips it out.

So anyway, she took several Polaroids over the last few weeks which I'm staring at now. "Polaroids" makes you think of dirty pictures, doesn't it? Yeah, I know. It made me think of dirty pictures too. I have to say though that these are the best f'ing pictures anyone has ever taken that I happen to be in. It's almost as if the Polaroid has captured my soul in its giantess and reproduced it in a 4x4 frame.

I think I'm in love with the Polaroid.

Apparently the film is ridiculously expensive. But shit, if these are the best pictures anyone will ever take of you, isn't it worth it? I remember my mom taking Polaroids of us at the beach when we were kids. (These were not "dirty pictures" either.) And damn, I looked good.

I may have to do some research on how Polaroid came to mean "dirty pictures". If you have any input, it's welcome. Your own Polaroids are also welcome.

Cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment