Monday, March 12, 2007

Too cool for school


I traveled to the den of iniquity this weekend to shop around for some new space for my top secret, secret headquarters. What I discovered is that the inhabitants of said den are all under the impression that they are in fact too cool for school.

Now you know, puppies, that I am the last one to jump to conclusions or fix my mind in stone about anything. But wow, I felt surrounded, cornered, ganged up on by this throng of indifferent wanna-bes. And the sad truth is I couldn't figure out for the life of me who they wanted to be exactly since they all blended into one another like bots. How tedious life must be for them. And predictable. And dreadfully dull.

So there were those folks and then I encountered a whole other breed. The moneyed. Hello, scary. Young. Rich. Frightening. I really felt like I had entered Crazytown instead of an outer borough. I thought the outer borough was all "look how diverse I am". Not so much. It was more like "look how white I am but I am going to try real hard not to look/act white unless I'm rich white because then it's okay."

After encountering one too many douche bags on a single day, I've decided to stick to my already top secret, secret headquarters because you people are freaking me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment