Friday, July 20, 2007

Chemistry


I was thinking today how bitchin' it would be to take a Chemistry class. With high school students. I'd pretend to be a regular student but I'd wear a white lab coat with a small name tag DR. S. PENNY and have a pair of those rad goggles hanging around my neck. Because I can rock the chem geek look and because people in positions of authority are hot, especially when that person is me.

Mostly I'd like to take a Chemistry class for the mixing. . . and the beakers. Who doesn't love a good beaker? How fun is mixing? It's beyond fun. I wish I was mixing something right now. Like a cocker spaniel and a peach!

I just blew my own mind right there.

I will tell you a story. I was on a mission far, far away in a land down under. I was in a lab. I was wearing a white lab coat. There were many liquids in front of me. My task was to add said liquids together to form a delicious beverage. There was a formula involved. And percentages. I did as I was told. Unfortunately in my zeal I didn't realize that the total percentage should equal 100. And why should I? I am a rule breaker. And a jaw breaker, much like Chuck Norris (please see link at right).

As you may imagine, my lab partner had quite the laugh at my expense. I shrugged it off because 100% is not the boss of me.

Anyway, back to Chemistry. I still think mixing is fun, both in theory and practice. Mingling, not so much. But mixing, I am totally on board with. Think of the possibilities. I can't right now -- you should take some initiative in this department.

In sum, Chemistry is fun when I'm involved and in proper attire. Keep this in mind the next time you attempt to shake things up unsupervised.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:18 PM

    Hey, I'm a high school chem teacher in Colorado and I ran into your blog post under a "chemistry of pennys" google search. How random is that. Your post was hilarious and I agree, goggles, coats and mixing rocks. Today we turned pennies into brass!!
    -Caeb Hicks, Fruita, CO

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. how random.. I just came across your blog searching for a chemsitry picture.. anyhow I enjoyed this post.. Quite hilarious and I agree with the proper attire. I somehow burned a hole into my lab coat. lol

    ReplyDelete