Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What's a girl to do, Part II


Forget my new favorite song. Bat for Lashes is my new favorite band. And I'm not ashamed to admit to my first official girl crush on lead singer Natasha Khan.

This is an older photo -- if she was wearing that giant feather headpiece, I would not be writing to you now because my head would have exploded all over The Knitting Factory.

She's powerful. I am not alone in this belief.

Despite the fact that only giants were standing in front of me, I caught some priceless views of her on stage. You really cannot resist the power of the trifecta: the gold headband, an abundance of face glitter, and the turquoise bra. You cannot and you will not and you won't want to.

You missed quite a performance. Lucky for you, I don't sleep on the job and was witness to Bat for Lashes this very evening. I have my fingers on the pulse, in case you didn't realize. I take that back. I am the pulse.

I may never sleep again. If I do, I will surely dream of wizards and harpsichords and Indian accordians and forests and Natasha Khan. In fact, I may never wake from that dream.

You should buy a plane ticket to England right now so you can purchase "Fur and Gold." Then quickly return and give that album to me because you can't be trusted. This is what you are to do, girl or no girl. Thanks for loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment