Sunday, July 15, 2007

Wish you were here. . .


I love when people I know go away and then send me pictures of the idyllic places they are visiting. They want me to experience their vacation firsthand. My friends are really top shelf. Sometimes the dark Shiny Penny thinks, "These people are jerks! Thanks for rubbing in the fact that you are away somewhere awesome and I am not. You are now dead to me." Usually I can suppress those feelings.

Today I feel like sending myself a postcard from somewhere awesome. Why not? I should do something crazy like that. Then I can check my mailbox and say, "Oh my gosh, I didn't even realize I was in awesome Jamaica instead of here with this wicked hangover."

Wouldn't that be a trip? A mind trip. A mind trip away from the pain which is NOT-IN-JAMAICA-BUT-HERE-WITH-THIS-WICKED-HANGOVER.

Mmm, Jamaica. But minus the delicious, cold and fruity drinks because if someone says drink I may spontaneously combust. But I do imagine that the delicious, cold and fruity beverages aforementioned and imagined are in fact delicious and cold and fruity. I'm generous like that.

Well, now that I'm on my mind trip to Jamaica (minus the postcard), it seems a shame to sit in front of the computer when I should be basking in the idyllic place I am currently visiting.

Irie.

No comments:

Post a Comment