Monday, July 16, 2007

What's a girl to do

This is my new favorite song by my new favorite band Bat for Lashes. The singer wears headbands. How could this band not be awesome? It's pretty much in the cards.

You can watch the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1wnOUH2jk8

She's riding a bike down a deserted and dark road. And then all kinds of spooky stuff happens but she keeps riding her bike like it's not a big deal. I totally support that attitude.

In other news, I keep seeing all these pictures of people on stilts around the city. Since I am a big fan of tallness, I'm a little perturbed that I haven't run into any of these stilt folks. Oh, there was that one time in Union Square. Jet Blue was doing a promotion for "more leg room" and these dudes got out of a van on stilts. It was magical. I think I'm in love with stilts. Also the word stilts is really great. Say it. Say it again. How can you not smile? If I had a lisp, it would sound even better.

Oh my, and the tallest man in the world just got married to a woman half his size and age. I wish I had a life-size poster of him. It would be so tall! I will find one. That's what this Shiny Penny will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment