Sunday, September 09, 2007

Grass.


Walks are underrated. Long ones where you start in one direction and end up much farther out of the way. Bob Marley has a great lyric: "My feet is my only carriage so I got to push on through."

Bob's deep.

I took one of those mission walks and ended up pretty far a field from my original destination. Anyway, as I was working on my bitching tan as only I can do on one of these milestone walks, I reposed for a spot, sitting in the grass, being all quiet, and started thinking about that Warren Beatty movie "Splendor in the Grass."

The title is misleading.

I thought about how excited I was to first watch this movie, not knowing what it was about but curious about the young, strapping Warren Beatty. He did not disappoint. He was both young and strapping, and apparently ready for the gun show.

If you haven't seen the movie, I won't be a ruiner but just know it doesn't end well. There is in fact no splendor in the grass. There is only heartache and pain (some sex), a whole lot of crazytown, and bugs. Well, there were bugs in my grass. I thought about those bugs when I sat down. Maybe I killed a bunch of them. Pity.

In sum, walks are awesome. They make you think. About grass and Warren Beatty (and sex), and crazy people, and how things aren't always what they seem on the outside. And how awesome I look when tanned.

Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment