Monday, September 24, 2007

Just try to look away.


Just when I thought the Japanese would never one-up the man pillow comes the transparent frog! What will those crazy Japanese think of next? It must be tough to be on the cutting edge like this time and time again. I can relate.

Anyway, as anyone will tell you, frogs are pretty great. Maybe not to touch or cuddle up with late at night but to look at from afar and behind glass cages, they are generally pretty awesome. There was a huge exhibit at the Natural Museum of History not too long ago which I unfortunately missed and am still quite angry about. (Thanks for bringing that up by the way.) This just goes to show that the world loves frogs. And who wouldn't?

Do you have any idea how many species of frog there are? Neither do I! That's just how many there are! Too many. And the colors! Don't even get me started on how colorful frogs are. Butterflies wouldn't stand a chance in a beauty pageant. That's just a little known fact in the scientific world. I know this because I have deep ties to the scientific world. They often consult me, these scientists of the scientific world. And why shouldn't they? They absolutely should and do and that's the end of that story.

Back to this transparent frog. It's a little creepy looking. Especially those milky looking eyes. Ew. Can you imagine what that milky looking eye feels like? Like cooked spaghetti I bet! The Japanese scientists "claim" they cross-bred this frog for the study of diseases.

Yeah right. Who's buying that? You know how those Japanese scientists get after a couple Sapporo. Have you seen the size of a Sapporo lately? Who can blame them for tying a few on? Sapporo is delicious by the way.

In terms of social networking, I don't see this frog getting much play. It remains transparent its entire life. That's not really a competitive advantage in the pad hopping environment. (This is my interpretation and does not reflect the interpretation of those looped Japanese scientists swilling down their Sapporo on a lonely night at the lab.) Apparently they can also create glow-in-the-dark frogs. I know. That one cannot be handled at this late hour -- it's just too intense.

I have to thank the Scrivener for the tip off to these crazy frogs and of course I thank the Japanese once again for creating everything magical in the world today.

Domo arigato.

No comments:

Post a Comment