Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hustler

Wow, so many things come to mind when I think hustler. Jon Voight and Dustin Hoffman were not high up there. However, Midnight Cowboy, the popular movie from the 70s, has opened many doors. Jon Voight plays Joe Buck, strapping, blonde cowboy just arrived in New York City. Dustin Hoffman is Rico "Ratzo" Rizo, a crippled crook with a mean cough and clearly a sweating problem. They are an unlikely duo. I should also mention here that Jon Voight plays the hustler.

Up until today, I had assumed hustlers to be heartless and perhaps unscrupulous. Jon Voight has shown me the light. His brand of hustler is actually quite bad at the hustling part, and often ends up getting hustled by his hustlee. Quite the conundrum. I will not give away the ending. You should see Midnight Cowboy for yourself.

I think it no small coincidence I saw this provocative movie about hustlers. There is suspicion in The Office of Me that we may be the victim of a hustle. Further investigation is necessary. I will keep you posted.

My point being: Trust no one. Everyone likes to hustle, whether they admit it or not. Some people even like The Hustle, the popular dance -- these people should be quarrantined. Suspect everyone. This is not paranoia or paranormal. Beware of the sexy hustle. Be ware. That is all.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:08 AM

    You forgot Hustler magazine...I trust Hustler magazine.

    ReplyDelete